Coaches and FC Porto Academy’s players learn everything about the video analysis for increase their skills in the trainings and soccer games.
Soccer Inter-Action realized this summer a strong technology investment to all the sports facilities with cameras for record all the soccer games and trainings. With this, also had implement a formation room and analysis with the last technology in the market.
Our couches department and staff of the club have a complete recording system for all the games and trainings. Soccer Inter-Action facilities has the best fixed cameras to record soccer matches.
Why we need a camera system to record soccer matches?
Within the work model of our academy, high-performance analysts and coaches need the collection of information as the beginning of the first part. The cameras are for us our main source of information collection. If you do not have it, the data that you will have is reduced to your direct observation (or what third sources can tell you). To this day, this is entirely insufficient. You need a camera to record matches, yes or yes. The official soccer school of FC Porto in Spain is positioned as one of the most technological and best equipped in the Valencian community.
Training recording is another practice that is increasingly widespread. In the professional teams it is already fully established and it is another task of the analysts in the day to day. Our international academy, considered among the best in Europe, incorporates this technology Even more with the management of our third division team the U.D. SIA Beniganim, becoming totally indispensable.
The utilities of using a camera to record workouts are many:
- See the performance of the players on the field. Both individually and collectively.
- Correct tactical aspects before the game.
- Analyze the success of the specific task, so modify it and adapt it to your needs.
- Cut the different exercises to have your database of exercises over the years or within the club / department itself.
- Distribute the different tasks by the members of the coaching staff (physical trainers, goalkeeper trained …) for their specificity analysis.
- Justify your decisions as a coach based on tangible and recorded events that occur in training.
How is the recording system we have in Soccer Inter-Action?
They are IP cameras. IP cameras are a new form of recording that is being introduced in the world of sports. It is traditionally used in security recording systems, since the signal can be distributed live to computers to be controlled by surveillance equipment.
The main feature of IP cameras is that can be controlled remotely. They are usually fixed installed in stadiums and high performance training camps, and you can handle them from an office, from your home or even from your mobile, having the live signal on your device. It is the technology currently used by all companies and online analysis solutions, and we believe that the future is headed here.
The main disadvantage is that, although many claim to be transportable, they are more practical if they are fixed, installed in a permanent place. And it is an expensive solution available to few teams.
Longomatch video analysis courses
This week we have started some video analysis software training courses that help FC Porto Dragon Force soccer school coaches, analysts and athletes improve their performance.
What goal do we look for in soccer school when completing video analysis courses?
- Having a better knowledge of video analysis allows applying it to scouting, improving performance and preventing injuries.
- Our coaches will be able to generate video projects and analysis panels to tag your team’s actions.
- Soccer coaches will learn how to zoom, insert comments, drawings and annotations for better communication with their team.
- We will teach you how to get the most out of the multi-camera function.
- Coaches will learn how to create playlists and presentations and share them with their team or technical staff.
- Reports will be generated with statistics on games and players.
- Learn to use your mobile app and synchronize projects with the LongoMatch desktop application.
What will our coaches and players learn to do after the video analysis course?
Import the videos of the matches or
capture it in real time
RECORD YOUR MATCHES IN LIVESTREAMING
Once the recording device is connected, you can start recording and analyzing the game in real time and share the analysis of the play, even before the end of the first part.
IMPORT THE VÍDEO FROM YOUR COMPUTER
With LongoMatch software you can import videos in the most common formats of the market: mp3, mp4, avi, mov, you can even import videos in 4K, from your Mac or Windows computer. Once the video is uploaded, they can start analyzing the game.
IMPORT INFORMATION FROM ANOTHER SOFTWARE OF VIDEO ANALYSIS
If we use other video analysis software that allows us to export to the XML format, they can easily import that data into LongoMatch.
Analyze the game and the best tactics tagging events
CONFIGURE AND CUSTOMIZE YOUR ANALYSIS PANEL AND ITS EQUIPMENT
LongoMatch allows you to customize the analysis panel and adapt it to your needs, as well as create your own panel from scratch, to code your matches. You can also add essential player information using the team management tool.
CODE YOUR MATCHES AND ADD DRAWINGS TO THE EVENTS
Analyze your match live or previously recorded and encode the events; these will be automatically recorded by type of event (defense, attack, penalty, goal, etc.). With the video analysis program, the drawings can also be saved in any fragment of the match video.
USING UP TO EIGHT DIFFERENT CAMERAS FOR YOUR ANALYSIS
Thanks to LongoMatch, you can analyze the game using up to eight videos at the same time. If the game has been recorded with several cameras and we want to analyze the events from a different angle, this function will be useful, allowing you to change the angle as many times as you want and with a single click.
CLOSE TO AN ACTION WITH THE ZOOM TOOL
The LongoMatch zoom tool allows you to enlarge the image with a factor of up to four times than the original and to observe the events in detail. This function is available during video analysis and when using the drawing tool.
Share your video analysis with your team and sports coordination.
CREATE PLAYLISTS AND PRESENTATIONS
With LongoMatch, you can create playlists and filter them by type of event or player, or create presentations that include a range of matches from one to several seasons. These playlists can be exported to a new video file, making it easy to share them with your team or players.
GET ADVANCED STATISTICS
The program provides a wide variety of statistical information regarding the project and the events coded during the video analysis. These statistics include: field areas where most events occur, specific player information, possession, number of fouls, assists and the corresponding percentages, etc.
EXPORT TO EXCEL OR HANG IT IN THE CLOUD
Export the data you generated during the video analysis of the match with LongoMatch to CVS, XLS or XML files so that you can analyze them in more detail in Microsoft Excel®. If you prefer, you can share your analysis on cloud platforms such as Coach Logic or Videobserver.
Example of Analysis of the actions to the stopped ball that we can do with the new system
In the technical bodies the figure of an assistant is going to be integrated to help specifically work the ball moves stopped in both attack and defense.
Standing ball actions are the resumption of the game from the stopped ball and can be both offensive and defensive. And in them it allows us to design a very clear strategy of deceiving the rival if we are in attack and propose different opposition strategies when we are defending an action.
We account for the following stopped ball actions in both attack and defense:
- Lateral foul
- Lack centered
- Take off band
- Start kick
- Goal kick
- Indirect free kick
In each type of stopped ball action we will make a different strategy that helps to achieve the success of that play, being the corners, side fouls, throw-ins and penalties those actions in which we can be closer to scoring or receiving goal and we have Than have a greater preparation.
In attack it is important first of all to have good specialists in these plays, that is, good pitchers who dominate throws from right and left and specialists in the air game to dominate the area, from there the coach and his assistants will draw up the plan to continue giving the team different plays to deceive the opponent and have the option to score a goal.
Defensively, a plan will be prepared that fits the characteristics of the team and the coach’s ideas to correctly defend these actions.
We can differentiate several types of marking:
- Individual marking: each player takes care of an opponent and pursues him throughout the time.
- Zone marking: each player is assigned an area in which he is responsible and will act whenever the ball reaches that area.
- Mixed marking: it has characteristics of the two previous markings. Each player is in charge of defending an area but a rival player enters their zone will follow until the end of the play.
- Combined marking: It is the most used today. It is a mix between players marking in the zone and players marking individually. This marking allows us to defend well the most dangerous auction areas and defend individually those players that are potentially more dangerous in these plays.